Awesomefest + Failfest Video Contest Guidelines
Video Submissions have now closed. Be sure to check out AwesomeFest + FailFest live during the General Plenary Session on Tuesday, March 13!
Video Submission Guidelines:
- Videos must be a maximum of three (3) minutes in length, clearly outing the “Fail” or “Success” you are entering.
- When you are ready to submit your video, sign in to YouTube and upload your video contest
- If you do not already have a YouTube account, you will be required to create one.
- Be submitted in one the formats that YouTube accepts. Any other formats submitted and/or exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
- Be the Entrant’s original idea (modification of a previously published work shall not be considered an original idea). Entrants should not knowingly copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another Entrant has a similar idea.
- Comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website.
Videos must NOT:
- Exceed play time requirements;
- Contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing;
- Include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property.
- Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.